Re: fc7 should be f7

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Eric wrote:
>>
>> Martin Marques wrote:
>>
>> <MM>>>>> Hasn't anybody noticed that packages are still labeled fc7,
>> even though it's Fedora 7 and not Fedora Core 7?<<<<<
>>
>> Good morning, Martin.
>>
>> I think that the Fedora team tried to convince people to use F7 and
>> not FC7 and, since that attempt seems to have failed, came up with a
>> "backronym" of "Fedora Collection" to fit the FC.
>
> Incorrect. The package name was never meant to be changed.
>
> Rahul

As has been mentioned before, f7 sorts incorrectly with fc6, so updates
would fail to work properly.
i.e. f7 sorts before fc6, when it should sort after.

--

Benjamin Lewis
Fedora Ambassador

http://benl.co.uk./                                 PGP Key: 0x647E480C

"In cases of major discrepancy, it is always reality that got it wrong"
                                                        -- RFC 1118

begin:vcard
fn:Benjamin Lewis (tc1415)
n:Lewis;Benjamin