Re: pb when I try to compile the kernel

On lundi 9 juillet 2007, Chris Jones wrote:
> > /bin/sh: g++: command not found
>
> looks like you don't have the gcc C++ compiler installed.
>
>  > yum install gcc-c++
>
> you may need a few other gcc* packages as well.

Yeap, you were right and Christian too, but I did things too fast, before
receiving your mails.
I did a big mistake, as I saw on my system that the rpm files were the ones
for fc6 (I did an upgrade from FC6 to F7). I thought it could have been the
reasons of the problems I encountered for compiling the kernel.
I downloaded the gcc.xxxx and libgcc.xxx rpm files for F7, and forced the
deletion of the ones I had on my system.
Once done, when I tried to run rpm -ivh gcc-xxx and libgcc-xxx, it failed
because of a file missing :  libgcc_s.so.1
It 's good to know that if you delete the libgcc package, you can't install
a rpm file, because it seems rpm needs a file we have in that libgcc
package.
So no way to install the packages because of that file missing.
I decided to copy the files libgcc_s-4.1.2-20070626.so.1 I have on another
computer to the /lib directory of that computer, and to recreate the
symlink between that file and libgcc_s.so.1
Once done, I ran "rpm -ivh gcc.xxxx libgcc.xxxx" and it has worked ;-))
Those two files are reinstalled.
Then I received your message and the one from Christian, so I installed the
gcc-c++ rpm file, and now make xconfig works :-)
Thank you to both of you. Francois