Re: Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

On 6/22/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mauriat M wrote:

> Perhaps ... Well there are differences. Ubuntu to my understanding can
> upgrade via single LiveCD, Fedora cannot (as stated in the FAQ).

To my understanding no Live CD's in any distribution can support
upgrades at all. So you might to verify that claim. Usually the way
people get around to doing upgrades in such scenarios is via the package
manager or a wrapper around it. There has been some discussions in
fedora-devel about that.

I think you are right. I apologize, I was thinking about the
Ubuntu-alternate CD which is not a LiveCD. I was comparing that Fedora
does not ship a single CD upgrade like Ubuntu does. Although using the
rescueCD + DVD.ISO will also work, given certain assumptions.

-Mauriat