Re: Strange NetweorkManager behavior.

On 22/06/07, Paul Johnson <pauljohn32@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
YES, I see this all the time in FC7.  Never saw it in FC6.  In fact,
every time I start the laptop, even if I have no wire plugged in, NM
says "Connected to wired network" and I use the gnome gui to tell  it
to switch to the available wireless and often it refuses.  I have to
stop the NetworkManager daemon and use the old system-config-network
and "iwlist scan" approach.

Well thank the Lord for that! I was beginning to think that something was broken on my laptop, For I get exactly the same thing happening. I have to turn off and on again to clear it.

There's never a problem is I start off on the wired network.

JDL