Re: Installing F7 on System with Hardware Raid

Rick Bilonick ha scritto:
On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 09:06 -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:

This may be a grub problem instad of a kernel issue.  If you were able
to do the install, then this is likely.

Boot into resue mode.  Just answer all questions to the default.
At the prompt you will see some text about where your filesystems are
mounted. (/mnt/sysimage)
at the prompt:

# chroot /mnt/sysimage
# df -h

You need to verify where / and /boot are mounted.  I am ASSUMING
/dev/sda.  It might be different on your system.

# grub-install --no-floppy --recheck /dev/sda
# exit
# exit

Remove the boot media and boot normally.

Good Luck.

I've already re-installed Fedora 7 (after disconnecting the power to the
raid hardware). Now it boots fine with the raid reconnected. I now just
have to figure out how to set up the two raid drives to mirror each
other.

Rick B.

You can add a new raid device with mdadm tool, after the partion of the two disk.

I suggest to make a backup copy of the data into the old raid devices.

If you dont know the mdadm tool, the man page is very exaustive, or ask here :)

Check the bios for the correctly boot sequence, after you plug the power into the raid devices.

Bye

Giancarlo
--
Giancarlo del Rossi