Re: F7 install from DVD iso -

On 6/6/07, Bob Goodwin - W2BOD <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kam Leo wrote:

> Don't know if it's the Gnome or Fedora developers who keep changing
> the menus. Wish they would keep their changes to a minimum. Try
> System->Administration->Server Settings->Services.

Yes I looked at that before but all it does is tell me that NFS is running.

"Service nfs status" tells me that.  The KDE application is a setup thing.
To make things worse I never use Gnome or KDE so I am on thin ice there
and add to that the fact that my ISP Wildblue has been erratic for
several days now taking up to fifteen hours to process e-mail!  I am
nearing the upper limit of sanity!

It doesn't matter how you separate the terms, I understand what is
meant.  The page you suggested used a backslash ...

>> I found a similar application hidden deep in KDE which seemed to have
>> some effect on my installation attempt but in the end I still get the
>> error message that it can't find the directory?
>>
>> If Fedora set out to make installation of F7 more difficult they have
>> definitely succeeded!
>>
>> Bob Goodwin
>>
>> --

Have you installed system-config-nfs and nfs-utils?