Re: Fedora Core 6 HUGE problem

Les Mikesell wrote:
Alan Cox wrote:
On Mon, 28 May 2007 13:46:26 +0300
"V@ly" <valy.tgv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hello! i've one day of my life downloading your FC6 DVD image. i've burnt it and checked it for errors. it was ok so i "started" setup. you might wonder why the "" around started... well the graphical setup just wouldn't start.
after the blue setup screen, at the part where it says "running
anaconda....." when it tries to detect my video card it only detects the
manufacturer which is nVidia but not the actual card which is a GeForce 6200

Nvidia support is fairly basic because they choose to keep all their bits
secret.

*AND* because the fedora distribution does nothing to assist their users in installing the driver that Nvidia makes freely available. The party-line argument that third party drivers cause support problems kind of falls on its face when the included driver doesn't work at all...

That's not the "party line". Problems occur in all drivers. If the code is open it can be fixed by other people besides the vendor.

Rahul