Re: Fedora Core 6 HUGE problem

On Mon, 28 May 2007 13:46:26 +0300
"V@ly" <valy.tgv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hello! i've one day of my life downloading your FC6 DVD image. i've burnt it
> and checked it for errors. it was ok so i "started" setup. you might wonder
> why the "" around started... well the graphical setup just wouldn't start.
> after the blue setup screen, at the part where it says "running
> anaconda....." when it tries to detect my video card it only detects the
> manufacturer which is nVidia but not the actual card which is a GeForce 6200

Nvidia support is fairly basic because they choose to keep all their bits
secret.

> A-LE. the screen goes black and nothing happens. please include the
> appropriate drivers for my video card in fedora 7. i really need a good
> opensource release because i don't have the money to buy a MS OS.
> i hope you'll fix this problem.

If you boot the installer with the "text" option it will get you to a
point you have a non graphical system installed. From there you can pull
any updates and other packages which may help get your graphics working
(as well as try any configuration changes people suggest)