Re: FC6 sound gone

On 5/21/07, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jeez, what kind of soundcard is it? IRQ conflict might not be out of the
question. If you're still desperate, jerk more cards out to see if that
resolves a possible conflict. What kind of mo-board and processor, how
much ram?  I assume you have checked the mixer, got the speakers plugged
in,? Plugged into the "speaker out" and not the "mike"? (I've done
that!) They are turned on and the volume about halfway up.

If it's a good ole ISA SoundBlaster AWE64, they have mentioned that
support has been dropped and it takes a bit of wrangling to get one to
work. Ric

It's a PCI soundblaster which was working for month without any problems.
When I boot a live system from DVD sound is working.
I think it stopped working when I tried to use Audacity to capture from lineIn.

There must be a master mixer or something that thinks the card is muted.
Even if I boot into runlevel 3 and try auplay as root, I hear nothing.

Waiting for FC7...
Chris