Re: FC6 sound gone

Christian Menzel wrote:
On 5/18/07, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When I got REALLY desperate, I'd powerdown, unplug the card, reboot, let
the system deal with no sound card for a bit, making sure
that /etc/modprobe.conf was empty of sound card module info (or better
yet comment them out) then shutdown and carefully re-insert it, reboot
and Voila`! Woot! ...der it is! The hardware dingus would automatically
detect and install it brand new. It's a bit *ExTrEmE* but worked for me
in a royal pinch when I was at wit's end. Ric
--

Well, this weekend I was THAT desperate removed the soundcard and
cleaned modprobe.conf.

If it's a good ole ISA SoundBlaster AWE64, they have mentioned that support has been dropped and it takes a bit of wrangling to get one to work. Ric