Re: Minimalist Installs (was Checkbox for "Install Everything")

Eric wrote:

> One of these days when I get bored I'll do a Google search on "Gnome vs
> KDE" and see if I can find any kind of a survey on how many use one vs
> the other.  That will be interesting.

It may be "interesting" but will it be meaningful?  It is like asking "which
do you prefer, tea or coffee?".  All you will know is what percentage of the
folks who have answered prefer one over the other.  It will not change
whether you like tea or coffee yourself.  Or, at least I hope not.

For whatever reason the RH and Fedora folks have a vested interest in Gnome.
 Yet they still provide KDE.  They may, at some point, relegate KDE to
extras.  If they do...I will install from extras.  If they don't, I'll build
it and install it myself.

That's the nice thing about Linux.  You always have a choice.  And, even if
your favorite distro doesn't provide a choice you can always DIY.