Re: Can no longer use my USB mouse with my laptop

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>> Prove to me that these problems don't exist in the stock Fedora kernel.
>>  Then I'll happily go away.  I asked a question, the hostility being
>> handed back is very unusual for this forum.
>>
> The hostility comes from you expecting us to fix your vendors
> problem, and you insisting that we prove that it is your vendor's
> problem, instead of doing the basic troubleshooting to locate where
> the problem is.

Actually, I never expected *anyone* to fix my vendors problem but me.  I
was still doing triage and only *ASKED* if anyone else had seen the same
as I had saw.  Things ballooned from there.

> I don't have any problems with my USB mice on my laptop, or desktop
> running 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6, so what is different with your setup that
> it does not work? Considering the number of people running USB mice
> on 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 kernels, if it was a general kernel problem it
> would be well known. So it is ether a problem particular to your
> hardware, or the version of your kernel. Now, you do your part and
> do some basic trouble shooting. Try both the stock kernel, and the
> AT RPMs version, and see if you still have problem. If it is only
> your vendor's kernel that gives you problems, you know where to go
> for help.

As I stated in an email sent earlier today, booting the stock Fedora
2944 kernel didn't solve my problem, but I *did* notice that it
persisted without me being able to find the same messages in the logs I
had seen with the suspend2 kernels, which ultimately led me to the
PEBMAC fix.  And, yes, the problem arose while I was running a suspend2
kernel, so while I might still suspect that the cause might lie with
*that* kernel, that discussion is probably not relevant for this forum.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx