Re: Can no longer use my USB mouse with my laptop

Kevin J. Cummings writes:

I've recently booted 2.6.20-1.2944_1.fc6.cubbi_suspend2 and it didn't
work there either.  This laptop came with
2.6.19-1.2895_1.fc6.cubbi_suspend2 installed initially.  As far as I can

That's some vendor's frankenkernel.

You really have to watch your step with some of these vendors that tout their supposedly Linux-compatible laptops. A lot of them foist on you some half-assed frankenkernel, that barely keeps the laptop's bizarre hardware working. They conveniently give you a molested yum.conf to suppress kernel and X.org errata updates, for the uninformed. But as soon as you get rid of all their crap, and load Fedora Borg-standard kernel, half the stuff in the laptop stops working.

tell, this may have broken with the 2.6.20-1.2933 kernel and I didn't
notice it until recently (I don't always use the mouse with this laptop).

It's likely that it never worked with the standard Fedora 2.6.19 kernel to start with, and only works with your laptop vendor's frankenkernel.