Re: Can no longer use my USB mouse with my laptop

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

> Prove to me that these problems don't exist in the stock Fedora kernel.
>  Then I'll happily go away.  I asked a question, the hostility being
> handed back is very unusual for this forum.

The hostility comes from you expecting us to fix your vendors
problem, and you insisting that we prove that it is your vendor's
problem, instead of doing the basic troubleshooting to locate where
the problem is.

I don't have any problems with my USB mice on my laptop, or desktop
running 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6, so what is different with your setup that
it does not work? Considering the number of people running USB mice
on 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 kernels, if it was a general kernel problem it
would be well known. So it is ether a problem particular to your
hardware, or the version of your kernel. Now, you do your part and
do some basic trouble shooting. Try both the stock kernel, and the
AT RPMs version, and see if you still have problem. If it is only
your vendor's kernel that gives you problems, you know where to go
for help.

Mikkel