Re: UPS Connections and use (FC2)

Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> This is running apcupsd.  I am happy.

I'm also running apcupsd with my APC Back-UPS RS1500 and couldn't be
happier.

It is important to do a periodic end to end test though (after doing a
backup ;-)).  It took me a couple of tests of turning off the computer
room's power at the breaker before everything worked perfectly.

One thing that wasn't obvious initially to me was that older (but
good) batteries will have a very significant voltage dip before the
batteries heat up and recover.  If one sets the percentage battery too
high one is likely to see the system initiate a shutdown within tens
of seconds of going on battery.

-wolfgang