Re: UPS Connections and use (FC2)

Craig White wrote:
Computer software calculates the remaining battery time from a 'smart
UPS' system so it remains on line based upon the amount of battery
remaining and factoring the draw rate. Without this 'smart' system, you
are probably only getting a signal that power has switched to battery
and do your best guess as to how long you can go before you shut down
the system, which is not the best way to run a railroad.

Whether or not you find this knowledge useful, most people do.

So, you know how long your system takes to shut down, and you
have your system configured to request how much more up time
the UPS has, and based on that your system waits until the
last moment, then does an unconditional shut down. Is that
what you are saying?

I'm asking about your system and how it is set up.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.