Re: We need a new subject- bug fixes

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

You keep harping that Sendmail should accept incoming mail by
default,
I'm not sure I've ever said exactly that, but you keep saying I said it
for some reason.  I'm saying enabling or disabling its access to the
network should be handled the way the distribution handles other programs.

Aren't you the Les that keeps saying that the supplied config is
broken because it does not accept incoming network connections?

What if everyone ran this configuration?

If
it is not going to be accepting incoming mail, then why would it
need to accept network connections? Am I missing another reason why
Sendmail would need to accept incoming network connections? (Outside
of making it easier to crack if a bug is found?)

Not everyone has this same limited configuration. If your machine don't have any scsi drives would you argue that the distribution shouldn't include support for them?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx