Re: Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

On 24/02/07, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree that one distro should not be both server AND desktop. Even M$
> has a desktop version of Windows (Vista) and a server version
> (Server). Well, it might be more like trashcan version and spambot
> version, but you get the point.
>
> Dotan Cohen

Strange complaint, since Fedora will have a Desktop and a Server spin
- or are you implying that the diff. Windows "versions" are more than
spins?

That wasn't a complaint. Rather, I see the wisdom in 'spins' and think
that it should have been done a long time ago. I'm also rather hoping
that the powers that be will get it down to THREE DISKS maximum. I've
already had to install Kubuntu on peoples machines because 5 disks is
way to much to have a potential convert download.

While I'm not familiar with the Windows code base, I'd image that XP
(and possible Vista) shares quite a bit of code with Server. I think
that Server can be run as a desktop OS, in fact.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/96/321/madonna/i_m_breathless.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/microsoft.html