Re: Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

> Well I'm not sure how many of you all have seen this:
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/22/207231

Look, Linux has gained very large market and more importantly mind shares.
 Along with this growth, has come diversity of code.  This is a good
thing.  There are far more developers just working on the fedora project
than there were total when I first found Linux (at least it appears that
way to me).  Redhat will be fine.  Fedora will be fine.  I don't hear of
many businesses using Ubuntu on their servers, do you?  It wouldn't bother
me one little bit if Redhat narrowed it's focus just to the server market
and left the desktop to other distros like the afore mentioned.

Now, that does not mean that Redhat/Fedora don't currently have their
problems.  I agree with the criticizem about the RPM and I've had more
problems with FC6 than I have had with any release since Redhat 4.2 (I
think it was it).

Anyway, sure Fedora has lost some steam, I believe these things go in
cycles.  People will step up and get things moving faster and better.  We
are already seeing some of that (IMHO).  Be patient, help out where you
can and everything will be fine.

believed to be clean.