Re: Talking to Logitech on the phone regarding webcam support for linux

On Friday 09 February 2007 03:50, David Boles wrote:

> I'm sorry that you are so upset about this. I think I would have spent more
> time looking before I bought and then either accepted the results or tried
> to fix the problem. Bitching (sorry folks) don't fix nothin'.

Here I have to butt in.  I did do my homework, and went shopping with a
printout in my hand.  The webcam I bought was the latest one to be added to
the list, and it simply said 'working'.  Unfortunately that was all the info
I could get.  When I got it home I found that I could not tell which chipset
it used, so I had no idea what driver it needed.  Fortunately some kind soul
found that bit for me, and I could get a driver for it.  After all that, it
works, but the picture is not good, having severe colour distortion.  Just to
add to the mix - I can set up the webcam in amsn, kopete or ekiga, and all of
them need a different setting to get anything like acceptable colour.

I'm not bitching - I've spoken to the amsn team and offered to help in any way
I can in tracking down the problem - but problems there certainly are.

Anne