Re: Talking to Logitech on the phone regarding webcam support for linux

On 08/02/07, David Boles <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There have been over one million downloads of Fedora Core 6 and I can only
think of maybe four people on this list that have mentioned webcams.

Do you suppose that since the driver developers get paid by the hardware
makers to write Windows drivers that they do it for that reason? They do it
for the money. And since you want free driver support for your free OS there
just might be very little incentive to pay to have drivers written for
Linux? For no money. I don't know what they are paying but I would think
that writing drivers for four people, give or take a few more, would not
even be be on the 'list of important things to do'.

Think about this that way.

I'm paying for the hardware. I will pay for hardware that works with
my operating system. You know what? I'm not proud: I'd pay for Fedora.
I use Fedora because I find it to be an excellent operating system,
not because it's free.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/617/yo-yo.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/energy.html