Re: Talking to Logitech on the phone regarding webcam support for linux

On 09/02/07, David Boles <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm paying for the hardware. I will pay for hardware that works with
> my operating system. You know what? I'm not proud: I'd pay for Fedora.
> I use Fedora because I find it to be an excellent operating system,
> not because it's free.
>
> Dotan Cohen

What i was trying to impress on you is that you are ONE person that paid
$30.00+ or - and there are BILLIONS of Windows users that just might pay
#30.00+ or -. So if it was your company trying to sell Webcams and your
company paying for drivers development where would YOU spend the money? On
ONE person who bought ONE Webcam, okay say one hundred people or one
thousand people?, or on the rest of the world that might buy your Webcam.
Not really much of a decision to make here. Is it?

That's the reason that I called them. If we want them to produce
drivers for linux we must show that we exist. They have no idea how
many linux users are out there- nobody does. Get vocal and make
yourselves noticed.

I'm sorry that you are so upset about this. I think I would have spent more
time looking before I bought and then either accepted the results or tried
to fix the problem. Bitching (sorry folks) don't fix nothin'.

No, bitching won't help. But complaining in an organized fashion to
the developers will.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/bug.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/335/mcknight_brian.html