Re: GM & MS

Craig White wrote:

I have a WinXP system available with two taps of the scroll-lock key and
a press of the number 1 key. It runs very well but I hardly use it.

I run XP most of the time on a laptop because I can shut the lid to suspend it, undock from the wired network at work, then open it to wake up and automatically associate with any of several known wireless points. Maybe some version of Linux will do that gracefully now, but the versions I've had on the dual-boot partitions so far haven't.

> It's
not self-destructive and the workmanship is certainly on a par with any
Linux desktop OS that I have used and better than any Macintosh OSX
desktop I have used.

How long has it been since you used a mac? A several-year old G4 powerbook also deals with wired/wireless transitions and suspend/wakeup nicely.

> My issues with Microsoft primarily
revolve around licensing issues that most users try not to understand.

Too bad the licensing issues are an either/or proposition. When you find something that you consider worthwhile and you are willing to pay for a legal copy, you can't get it included as a part of Linux.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx