Re: GM & MS

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 13:13 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 18:15 +0000, Scott van Looy wrote:
> > It gets less funny after the 20th time...
>
> Yes, but this attitude:
>
>   "For Some reason you would simply accept this."
>
> Gets really annoying, when for the 100th time, you're trying to explain
> to some Windows luser just how crap Windows really is, and why.  I'm not
> saying alternatives are fantastically better, but we have crap personal
> computers because customers don't throw crap products back at their
> supplier.
----
Most people generally resist when arrogant people **tell** them what is
best for them. I find it much easier to persuade someone when they are
actually interested in alternatives to Windows.

Most people generally just want to use a computer, not make a project
out of it.

Windows isn't crap and just reading you express that sentiment makes it
clear that you aren't the least bit objective. The truth is that most
people could probably accomplish what they need to accomplish with just
about any computer system made after 1996.

Of course this all discounts the fact that there is more generally
available software, more industry specific software and more devices
available for Windows than any other OS.

Craig