Re: Security Updates -- Are they necessary in Linux for user?

Scott van Looy:
>> Default is not to cache files. Change:
>> keepcache=0
>> in /etc/yum.conf

Mikkel L. Ellertson:
> This controls keeping of installed files. but doesn't YUM keep the
> files it was not able to install even with keepcache=0?

The parameter is called keepcache not keepinstalled, and that seems to
be how it behaves, despite what it says about it the yum.conf man page:

 keepcache
   Either ʽ1ʼ or ʽ0ʼ. Determines whether or not yum keeps the cache
   of  headers  and packages after succesful installation.  Default
   is ʼ1ʼ (keep files)

I've observed it to dump files its cached for the next run, so they need
re-downloading, even if they weren't installed.

NB:  Although the default for YUM may be "1" (keep files), the default
preset in the yum.conf file is "0" (don't keep files).

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6.)

I read messages from the public lists.