Re: Proposed changes for fedora

Ric Moore wrote:
On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 19:39 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:

The survey requirement reminds me of the attitude that some had during RHL days. Most people even refused to complete the surveys when it was conditional to get free RHN access for retrieving updates.

IMO, the survey would hit people the same way. They would find these surveys invasive.

I replied to the surveys and kept my RHN access during the time. I did not find them invasive but a chance to help improve the distro.

I remember those days, and the ranters, flamers and knee-biters made me
crazy on that list. I went to Caldera, where the atmosphere was more
like a warm friendly Olde English Pub... more like what we have here now
than what used to be, 6-7 years ago. It was one dog fight after another.
Caldera was about $125 when RHL was what, $29? We had a more genteel
Republican crowd there. <ducks and weaves> Ric

I kind of missed Linux lists participation until after going to the RHL8 IBM sponsored tour when it passed through Columbus, OH. Someone suggested the colug list (local LUG) where discussions with William Hooper pointed to this sort of list during the Phoebe testing phase.
 The RHL lists did expose one to different phases and different attitudes.
I did participate on music group lists during that time frame that were as you described above. The lists were sort of a venting avenue but not very informative.
About Caladra, I never tried it.

OT:
Regarding political party and the sense of the user, I don't know. I see no relevance to maturity or intelligence with either choice. Both parties suck the life out of the middle class. Republican actions put all the burden on the middle class and put corporate interests well over the rights of those that populate the nation. Democratic actions seem to favor the radically different and the extremely disadvantaged. Neither party looks out for the nation as a whole. Maybe one day there will be a strong alternative that caters to fairness and promotes building rather than combativeness and parasitic practices.

Jim
--
"Intelligence without character is a dangerous thing."
-- G. Steinem