Re: can't play avi file

Kenny Gow wrote:
Darlene Wallach wrote:

Kenny Gow wrote:

Lonni J Friedman wrote:

On 11/24/06, Darlene Wallach <freepalestin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0

MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: vo_check_events
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
   gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
   DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
can't and
   won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
possible bug.
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x6a)!
[end output from mplayer]

This looks highly unlikely to be a mplayer problem.  You've got some
kind of X resource problem.  Where can we get this file?

I would check if the following packages are installed:

xvidcore
libXv

--Kenny

Kenny,

This is what rpm says:

$ rpm -qa | grep xvidcore
xvidcore-1.1.2-1.fc3.rf

$ rpm -qa | grep libXv
libXvMCW-0.9.3-1.1.fc3.rf

Darlene

Well, I'm on FC6 and when I go into the archives and look for package
libXv for FC3, I don't see it. But it does exist for FC6. Packaging
might have changed a lot between FC6 and FC3.

Do you have the libXv libraries (maybe from some other package):

/usr/lib/libXv.so.1
/usr/lib/libXv.so.1.0.0

I do not have the libXv libraries

If not I don't know what else to check. I was just guessing that
perhaps the error was caused by not having the dynamic library
for the XVideo extension (libXv). But I'm on FC6 and using
mplayer from livna and a custom compiled version of mplayer.

I also downloaded a few MB of that video and it started to
play OK for me with mplayer. Have you been able to play
any other HD videos of that resolution?

I haven't tried downloading other videos to try and play them.

--Kenny

Thank you for your feedback.

Darlene