Re: We need a Yast in Fedora

Ric Moore wrote:

> I hated YAST. A truly horrible interface. What we have
> just plain works. Ric

While I agree about YAST,
I don't agree that what we have now "just plain works".
The various configuration programs in Fedora -
whether system-config-* or in the Control Centre
or some other menu
could be greatly improved.

I would particularly singly out the Printing and Network
setups, which are especially bad.

One problem is the multiplicity of programs, eg to setup printing,
which do slightly different things.

In my opinion, this, and Anaconda,
are the two weakest parts of Fedora.

--