Re: We need a Yast in Fedora

jim tate wrote:
> I have been to a couple of meetings here in
> Indiana, USA and Indiana is working at present to move all it's school
> desktops/servers to Suse, becaues they
> think that Yast is the one App. that makes
> Linux easy to work with and I agree.
> They like Fedora but it doesn't have a Yast type App.
> It wouldn't be hard to make a Gui like Yast in Fedora, because Fedora
> has the system-config-* apps and to get them to work in a single gui
> wouldn't be hard.
> I'am a strong Fedora user and I teach
> people on the outside of the school system
> on Fedora.
>
> Jim

Yast is absolutely useless....a tool that overwrite your manually edited
files is just plain wrong.
I have had enough production issues with this to have banned any SLES
machine from our server rooms.
it's a completely biaised opinion but this tool is one of my pet hates.

<grumpy>

--
(o<    Thierry Sayegh de Bellis, RHCE
//\    http://glossolalie.com