Re: We need a Yast in Fedora

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 18:50 +0000, Thierry Sayegh De Bellis wrote:
> Yast is absolutely useless....a tool that overwrite your manually
> edited files is just plain wrong.

Goes back to the same reasons that LinuxConf got dumped (that, and it
messing things up because it didn't keep pace with how things needed to
be configured).  Webmin, another thing that might please this request,
also had similiar issues.

And as has been pointed out, we have just about everything in a menu, if
you want local GUI control.  Likewise, with KDE's control center.  For
automated system configuration, you'd prepare a configuration on a
server, and push the configuration files out to the clients.

With computing, and this sort of request, I think you really need to
work out what you shouldn't do, as one of the first steps.

I read messages from the public lists.