Re: We need a Yast in Fedora

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Ric Moore wrote:

I hated YAST. A truly horrible interface. What we have
just plain works. Ric

snip ...

In my opinion, this, and Anaconda,
are the two weakest parts of Fedora.

Ahem. There is nothing in any other distro to compete with kick start and anaconda for automated installs.

Jumpstart for Solaris is without a doubt the most mature automated configuration tool on the planet for UNIX based systems.

Kick Start and anaconda fare quite well against Jumpstart. That is not a mild complement.

For many of us, our users never get involved with installing anything on their systems. Literally hundreds of desktops can be stamped out in a day, with hardware variances accounted for, using kick start and anaconda.

So to be specific, there are some aspects of anaconda which a user would see if doing the install themselves that you don't approve of. I can accept that.

For many of us, anaconda and kick start are why we follow fedora and recommend RH to our customers. :)