Re: Printing with OpenOffice - SOLVED

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 21:56 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 November 2006 20:52, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > > I'm going to be shouted at for this, but it needs to be said, because it
> > > may tell you what's really causing the problem.
> > >
> > > In the past I always put the servername into client.conf.  A couple of
> > > months ago I was told very firmly that I was wrong to do so, as it would
> > > stop printer-browsing occurring.  I don't have any local printers, so it
> > > had never caused me any problems, but, bowing to the experience of
> > > others, I removed the reference.  Everything seemed to work well enough,
> > > so I wasn't worried.
> >
> > You can pint to any remote printer on the same lan with or without the
> > defining of the Server in the client.conf file. You can'r print to
> > remote printers on as different lan without the server defined. With the
> > server defined you can't print to a local printer. As long as you are
> > dealing with remote printers on the same Lan the answer to printing
> > under cup to a remote printer is to do nothing. It works out of the box
> > so to speak.
> >
> No, it doesn't.  That's the whole point.  It does for many apps, but not for
> OpenOffice.
>
> Anne
Although I can't deny other peoples experiences. OO prints to a remote
printer for me out of the box. It also prints to my local printer with
some fooling around with the cupsd.conf file.
As we have discussed sound does not work for me, the machine does not
shut off but this works without any real problem.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>