Re: disabling touchpad on laptop

Garry Williams a écrit :
On 11/22/06, François Patte <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would like to disable my touchpad mouse on my laptop or, at least, the
"tap" function of this one.

You want to edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (as root).

But, you may want to do what I did and turn off all the fancy
gestures, including the tap but leave the pad active for use without
an external mouse.

See http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/ for details.  This
should get you what you seem to want:

   Option MaxTapMove "0"
   Option MaxTapTime "0"
   Option "VertScrollDelta" "0"
   Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"

The first two turn off the tap function; the last two turn off the
annoying scroll functions.

OK! Thanks; this works. I will no longer type some text at the wrong place in Emacs because I had put one finger on the touchpad....

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique