Printing with OpenOffice

Hi,

I'm having troubles with printing from OpenOffice on FC6.
Even though I can print from KDE and other applications and even the
testpage from spadmin (as user and as root) print fine, if I want to
print a document the "print" button in the print dialogue is disabled.
It's only possible to print to PDF or postscript.
The printer is a HP LJ 4250.

>From spadmin I can configure a printer to use kprinter --stdin or
configure the native HPLJ. Both work with the test page.

What's wrong here? Any clue?

Reinhard