Re: Printing with OpenOffice - SOLVED

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 14:52 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> You can'r print to remote printers on as different lan without the
> server defined.

It's do-able:  Either, you can have the remote print server announce
itself to this LAN, or to a local print server on this LAN.  Or you can
configure a local printer server, on this LAN, to deal with print
servers on remote LANs.

> With the server defined you can't print to a local printer.

Again, that's do-able:  It depends on how you configure the print server
(which can be the same machine, with the client.conf pointing to itself,
or it can be on another print server on the LAN).

You can make some quite complex arrangements, with CUPS, that work.  It
all depends on how much effort you want to put into it, and how
difficult you want to make it for yourself...

I read messages from the public lists.