A clarrification and an apology

> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
> > But there is something else that is fishy with what you are saying. If
> > the uopdate service presents you with a list of possible updates and you
> > unclick one of them because you don't want to install it it makes no
> > sense that an update that you asked not to have installed would cause
> > something to be removed.
>
> In the software updater (Pup), if you unselect a package, it wont be
> updated. In Add/Remove program if you unselect a package, it will be
> removed after a prompt.

Rahul
First, I understand what you are saying and what you are saying makes
sense. But let me say again GNOME was disabled presumably by removing
gnome-sessions by the Add/Remove program and no confirmation was asked
for. I would never agree with such a action. By the way that part of the
interface is somewhat confusing to me but I am sure I never confirmed a
removal of GNOME. So there must be a bug somewhere in the program.

Now I must apologize to you for disagreeing when you indicated there was
a bug in the yum-updatesd program I figure you mean that it does not do
automatic updates. I have an aversion to automatic updates. My statement
it works when you send the notification to dbus and you get a balloon
that says that updates are available and you can choose which to
update.
Am I correct in this analysis?

I find FC6 a little over-engineered. The yum-updatesd is a little too
clever for its own good. The old way with a simple crontab entry was
more direct and did the job.

Just let us say I am extremely frustrated by my current experiences like
GNOME disappearing and I may be over reacting.