Re: Gnome has disaapeared in FC6 and only KDE remains.-SOLVED

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 20:32 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 17:33 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >> My experience with FC6 is getting worse and worse. I had the machine
> >> coming up in Gnome. The system offer end me some updates some of which I
> >> chose.
> >>
> >> Now the machine comes up In KDE. Neither the Sessions option not the
> >> Deskswitcher Tool will allow me to choose GNOME as my desktop. What  do
> >> I do now?
> > Now I don't want to make this too much of a mystery, What happened was
> > piyut or one of the update functions removed gnome-session. But to get
> > it back is a big problem.
>
> Pirut or yum wont remove packages on its own. If you try and remove any
> packages through Pirut or yum, it lists the dependencies and you will
> have to confirm before any package gets removed from the system. I am
> curious to know why you find it unusable in this instance.
>
> Rahul

The above is simply not true. The package was removed without my confirming the removal.
Unless unclicking a line of additional software in piyut means you want
it removed which is just plain crazy. Again I will start again and we
will see what happens.
If I promised you the moon and the stars, would you believe it? -- Alan
Parsons Project