Re: FC6 Nightly Yum Updates

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 11:29 +0000, Simon Andrews wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 13:03 +0000, Simon Andrews wrote:
> >> man yum-updatesd.conf has all the details.
> >>
> >> Having said all of this, as someone else pointed out it still
> doesn't
> >> work at the moment.  There's an open bug which is being actively
> >> worked
> >> on so hopefully a fix will be released soon.
> >>
> >> Simon.
> >>
> > If it does not work , why is it working on my machine until I
> disabled
> > it?
>
> Which bit works for you?  Can you get it to download and apply
> updates
> automatically (ie the same as the yum cron used to do), or does it
> just
> notify you that updates are available?
>
> If it all works for you can you add the details of your setup to the
> bug
> report at:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/212507
>
> ...maybe we can figure our what the systems which are failing have in
> common.
>
> Simon.
I already apologized to Rahul in previous message for confusing the
issue. I was at the end of my patience when GNOME suddenly disappeared
so I was not thinking clearly. I have never really seceded in using the
automatic update feature. On my machine I send the notification to dbus
and get a balloon saying that updates are available and I can do the
updates.

As someone one commented  in the bug reported the current program is
over-engineered.. The simple cron entry worked pretty well.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>