Re: Gnome has disaapeared in FC6 and only KDE remains.-SOLVED

> confirming the removal.
> want
> we
> >> The one time I tried pirut I found that unchecking a line meant
> in-fact
> >> that the package/group was to be removed.  I have not used it
> since.
> >>

> > I agree with your experience. I think Rahul is wrong in this case.
>
> Unselecting a package does indeed mean you want to uninstall it and
> thats standard behavior in package managers but you need to confirm
> that
> and it would list dependencies. I dont see what the actual complaint
> is.
>
> Rahul
Look, what you are describing above is not what happened. I was not
asked to confirm anything.

But there is something else that is fishy with what you are saying. If
the uopdate service presents you with a list of possible updates and you
unclick one of them because you don't want to install it it makes no
sense that an update that you asked not to have installed would cause
something to be removed.

Let me admit at this point that this discussion is covering the
automatic update and the Add/Remove Software feature which are
different. I don't know which one caused the problem but I do know I was
never asked to confirm a deletion .

When a lot of remedies are suggested for a disease, that means it can't
be cured. -- Anton Chekhov, "The Cherry Orchard"