Re: Removing package and its dependencies

On 8/2/06, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
if you want that list fed to 'yum remove' this would work

  yum remove `package-cleanup --leaves mediawiki`

I had to look at the output and test it to be sure.

However, look carefully at the list it proposes.  When I tried it I did
not get _only_ the packages that were required for my test package, but
also got a full list of all the leaves in the package tree -- including
yum and a lot of libraries.  It seems the output of the --leaves option
is not limited to the branch with the package you specify.

Needless to say I did not do the uninstall.

Thanks, Jeff. That is correct that `package-cleanup --leaves
mediawiki` does not indicate the list of packages required by
'mediawiki'. I think that some improvement should be done regarding
the implementation of a simple way of removing a package and its
required packages.

Paul