Re: Removing package and its dependencies

On 8/1/06, Waqas Toor <waqasnasirtoor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
yum automatically checks for the dependencies .... so may the dependencies
of your package are the dependencies of some other package thats why its
acting like that,
can you be more precise to tell what package you are removing

Thanks, Waqas. Ideally, yum should not act as you describe, as not
always the same package is necessary for two other different packages.
I was trying to remove mediawiki and all the packages that were
installed when mediawiki was installed. Meanwhile, I found that
synaptic has got the "complete removal" feature that seems to
correspond to what I was looking for. Thus, I ask: if synaptic is apt
to perform a complete removal (the package itself and the other
packages required by it), why is not yum also able to do so?

Paul