Re: Bugzilla, RT3 and Trac

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
SELinux ...
Does rt3 need any SELinux adjustments other than setting the context
of /var/cache/rt3, which is already included in targeted policy on FC5?
Probably not anymore.

The manual chcon had been necessary on FC4 (IIRC, it was you, Paul who
proposed it) at the time rt3 had initially been packaged for FE. I'd be
glad to remove the remark on SELinux, if you (Paul) can definitively
confirm the chcon isn't necessary on any current FC4/FC5/FC6 (I am not
sufficiently familiar with SELinux to be able to judge).

It's easy to test this; simply install rt3 on a system where it doesn't currently exist, and then do:

$ ls -lZd /var/cache/rt3

It should have the httpd_cache_t context type without you manually having to set it.

I've tried this on:
FC4 with selinux-policy-targeted-1.27.1-2.28
FC5 with selinux-policy-targeted-2.2.47-3.fc5

Both worked. I don't have a rawhide box to test with but would be surprised if it didn't work.

Paul.