Re: Locked up again! What can I check- I'm on another box

On 19/06/06, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Goto the venerable Western Digital site and check out the installation
docs. They explain generic drive jumper settings for master / slave vs
cable select. Linux seems to like the master / slave setting and the
drive connected with the appropriate corresponding ribbon connector. Set
anyway else, expect problems.

According to WD, I can put the Master in the middle so long as the
drives are set as master/slave. The position is only important if
using cable select.

Dotan Cohen