Locked up again! What can I check- I'm on another box

My 1.5 gHz P4 256MB RAM machine keeps locking up- no response from the
keyboard or mouse, and the screen does not change (even the spinning
circles that show something is loading do not move). The red disk
light is not on. It does not repsond to CTRL-ALT-DEL.

It's locked up now, what can I check? I'm writing this on the wife's
XP box. The only way to get it back is to hit the rest button on the
front of the box. After that, should I boot into runlevel 3 and check
the logs? Should I mail the logs to the list? I don't really know what
to look for. The hard disk and power supply have been replaced, and it
did this on Kubuntu and Fedora. It's becoming much more frequent now.
Nothing is overly hot in the case.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com