Bootup problem after installing Fedora Core_5 2006

Hi Tim,

your message quoted:
---------------------------------
Well, if you installed an X server, you can log in and type the startx
command.  If that works, you know that you'll be able to change your
inittab to always boot up in run level 5 (where X is run automatically).
If not, you'll have to install or get X working first.

The /etc/inittab file has a line with id:3:initdefault near the start,
the number is the default initial run level.  Once you'd got X running,
you'd change that 3 to a 5.  You need to be the root user to edit that
file.

I read messages from the public lists.

Well I probably know what is happening to my problem.  It is the memory size insufficient to install and run X-Window in F-Core 5 during FC-5 installation.  Mine has only 128Mb but the min. requirement is
256MB for Graphical mode. Isn't it correct?  Therefore,
I remembered during installation it mentioned not enough
memory to run graphical mode and so I can't see X-server
or X-window sitting else where in the  system.
As advised,  it is not practical to force installation of X-Window
until I upgrade my memory to 256Mb(my desktop's max limit) and reinstall FC-5 all over again.
Pls correct me if i am wrong?

However, logically tells,  why it kept prompting for :

Localhost logic:
password:

instead of booting up in text mode gracefully, and now I really can't go into text mode with that prompt.   What info should i enter
in order to skip it or pass it. I have no clue....

Best regards,

Claude YU