Re: Dual boot problem

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 09:45 +0100, K Chauhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had problem with dual booting came up with grub>
> so i tried booting with linux fedora 5 disc 1 and tried going into
> rescue mode.
> successful so far but after all the prompting of country, etho, etc
> the computer displays a blue screen with funny letters - cannot do
> anything except switch off
>
> can anyone explain what i am doing wrong ?
>
> Kash
>
> Chauhan_kaushik@xxxxxxxxxxx

I am not sure what you are soing. I have booted inot rescue mode many
times as was never asked for country. Also for this purpose of
configuring grub you don;t hqave to say you want to configure
networking. It szhould identify the partitions it finds linuix on and
ask you to chiise which you want to udr. I assume ther will be only one
of those for you. Your / directory of Linux will be mounted
on /mnt/sysimage.
run a chroot /mnt/sysimage then try to run a :
grub-install /dev/hdx   (where x is the letter a.b . etc where your MBR
is found.)
As backup for the group why don't you post your /etc/grub.conf

--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>