Re: getting a wireless netgear WG511T card to work on FC

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 07:35:54AM +0200, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> >The easiest is to let smart/yum/apt do their job with something like
> >
> >yum install madwifi madwifi-`uname -r`
> >
> >(you need to activate atrpms in your depsolver setup).
> >
> >If you need to download by hand then probably you will need (for i686,
> >non-smp, non-xen0):
> >
> >http://dl.atrpms.net/all/madwifi-0.9.0-23.rhfc5.at.i386.rpm
> >http://dl.atrpms.net/all/madwifi-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2122_FC5-0.9.0-23.rhfc5.at.i686.rpm
> >http://dl.atrpms.net/all/madwifi-hal-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2122_FC5-0.9.0-23.rhfc5.at.i686.rpm
> >

> you may have missed a post of mine.
> I have a D-link G650 that is working with madwifi from your repository
> FC5-0.9.0-20.
> When I upgarded to FC5-0.9.0-23 I got some errors from kismet.
> Can you check???

I replied to that post. In a nutshell: madwifi's interface changed
from what is today known as madwifi-old to madwifi-ng, where the
latter is now the offcial madwifi. Check madwifi.org for further
details/differences between the two branches.

> A further comment: if you have an Atheros chip on your card I suggest
> to use ATrpm repository as procedure is straightforward, you have only
> ath0 in your network....

I'm not sure I understand, you mean that madwifi hides away your wired
ethX interfaces? That shouldn't happen, if it does it's bug. :/
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net