Re: unable to install the firewall "Program Guard"

Ed Greshko wrote:
Liloulinx wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to install "Program Guard" (a graphical  firewall) under FC4
and FC5 but it doesn't work. I have this error:
      chgrp: invalid group name `pgrd'
If I comment in the "install-pgrd" file the line:
      chgrp 'pgrd' '/opt/pgrd' || error
I get many other errors !!!!

Do you know what must I do to install it correctly?

Sounds like it needs a group of pgrd to run properly.  In any event, I
don't think this is part of the FC core or extras.  Looking on SourceForge:

This project maintains a number of support resources on SourceForge.net.
To help ensure your issue is handled in a timely manner, the pgrd
project has specified that they prefer for their issues to be reported
via  email directly to the project administrators.

Instructions: You may contact the pgrd project by sending email directly
to the project administrators for the project. Project administrators
are shown in bold on the listing of project members. You may send them
email by using the web-based mail submission form accessible using the
"Send a Message to..." link at the bottom of their users page, or by
sending email to their USERNAME@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mail alias
(replace USERNAME with the username for the person you want to contact;
usernames are provided on the
/project/memberlist.php?group_id=155206">listing of project members).

williamsdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Would seem to be a good place to start.

I have added the user and group "pgd", but I have other errors. So I have send a mail to the administrator of this project with the list of errors that I have encontoured. Thanks

--

Liloulinx (http://freealilou.free.fr)