fedora-extras-commits-list (was Re: kde in extras - the devel discussion)

Am Dienstag, den 06.06.2006, 23:43 +0200 schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
> On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 17:42 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> >  I've seen very little evidence of
> > anyone else reading it anyway.
> Yes, the FESCo Gods in their incomprehensible wisdom had decided they
> wanted a separate list, now they've got what wanted: Basically a list
> archive, nobody reads.

<nitpicking>The List archive of fedora-extras-commits-list goes back up
to "2004-November". FESCo was founded on the first FudCon iirc on "18
February 2005" and the first Meeting-Summary is from "24 February 2005"
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meetings
</nitpicking>

SCNR ;-)

> I told them before, but they refused to listen ;)

Ranting appreciated, but helping working out something that works better
much preferred; FESCo has a long todo-list already and really needs a
bit more help.

I also know that fedora-extras-commits-list doesn't work very well. I
hope that we can have a QA group in the future that makes sure that each
commit is checked at least roughly by one experienced packager. But
we're already short of reviewers and sponsors for extras and have a long
list of packages still under review so this probably will fail due do a
lack of time/interest/manpower.

CU
thl