Re: Thnkpad T42 wireless

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

My T41 works pretty reliably with the latest kernel, NM, wpa_supplicant, and the 1.1.2 ipw2200 driver described in fc2-ipw2200 article above, except I occasionally need to restart NM after a resume. (I'm not using WPA, though.)

Actually, I have some packages that are still in updates-testing, in particular NetworkManager-0.6.2-1.fc5 and friends.

The key to getting it set up initially was to get the firmware RPM from Livna, then delete all network devices in system-config-network, then reboot. Then you can recreate the wireless interface as wireless. (If you run the 1.1.2 driver, you need firmware version 3.0. I have an RPM that contains it that I can send on request.)

The other important thing is to get initscripts-8.31.2-1, which is currently in updates-testing. That fixes the problem with interfaces swapping names between boots.

thanks

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences